All of Kildare Treats cakes are made to your specifications. The cost of your cake will depend on the size, flavour and level of decoration you choose, so before you make a booking you should consider the following:
What size cake should you choose?
To make this decision you need to take into account if you are serving any other food at the event.
For example, a party of 40 guests where platters of food and other treats are being served would only need a cake with around 20 servings.
The three most popular sizes are as follows:
- 6in cake typically has 8-10 servings
- 8in cake typically has 12-14 servings
- 10in cake typically has 18-22 servings
Note: A chocolate biscuit cake can be divided into more servings than listed above.
You also have the option of having a multi-tiered cake where different sized cakes are stacked on top of one another.
What flavour cake would you like?
The most popular flavours are as follows:
- Vanilla Buttercream (vanilla sponge cake with sweet and smooth vanilla icing)
- Chocolate Buttercream (rich chocolate sponge cake with sweet and smooth chocolate icing)
- Red Velvet cake (light chocolate flavoured sponge cake with a slightly tangy vanilla cream cheese icing)
- Death By Chocolate cake (very rich chocolate cake made with a rich Belgium chocolate filling).
- Lemon buttercream (vanilla sponge cake with a tangy lemon icing)
- Carrot cake (spiced carrot sponge cake with a slightly tangy vanilla cream cheese icing)
- Chocolate biscuit cake (very rich chocolate and biscuit cake made with Belgium chocolate)
- However, there are many other flavours to choose from.
How much decoration would you like to add to your final cake?
- A basic decoration on the top of the cake
- If you are looking for a lot of decoration to be added to your cake then you will need to add a layer of rolled fondant icing (the type of hard icing you find on a Christmas cake) in order to attach the decoration to it.
Have a look through the Cake Gallery for more examples of cakes made by Kildare Treats
So how much will it all cost?
Since each cake that I make is designed to your own individual specifications I can’t give exact prices until I know what exactly you are looking for but roughly speaking the following prices are my most frequent quotes:
- 6in cake €25.00-€35.00
- 8in cake €35.00-€50.00
- 10in cake €45.00-€60.00
3. The cost of adding a photograph or a figure to your cake (known as cake toppers):
I make all of my cake toppers to your specification, from edible icing. Depending on the level of detail required they tend to range in price from €5-€8 each. Photographs or images can be printed onto icing for a cost of €5.